Tuesday 28 April 2009

Under 2 weeks to go.......

It was a weekend of walking, what a suprise !









On Saturday my brother Steve and his partner Jane walked with me for about 3 and a half hours. We explored the Chislehurst countryside and Scadbury Park and had lunch in Pizza Express. I am eating for England at the moment - must be all the walking I'm doing. I had a gorgeous big toffee fudge Sundy and enjoyed every mouthful without feeling bad about it....mmmmmmmmmmmm lovely!
On Sunday I walked for SEVEN HOURS! I walked for 4 hours to and around High Elms. The carpets of bluebells are just wonderful at the moment. I saw little chicks on the pond in High Elms, so cute!

I came home for lunch, a shower and got changed. I even put my shorts on as the weather was so glorious.

After an hours break, I walked to Petts Wood and met my friend Kul. He walked with me for a while in Petts Wood and then I walked some more on my own and walked home.

Needless to say, after 7 hours walking I was pretty tired. I had a bath and went to my Friend Gills. Gill had cooked a wonderful roast dinner and her hubby, who is a podiatrist, gave me a much-needed foot massage.

I came home and slept like a log. Yesterday (Monday) I had an hours leg and back massage and I must admit I just wanted to curl up in bed afterwards, but I had to work.

A bit achy, but all in all doing well. I went to the gym this morning (Tuesday) and am starting to wind down a bit now.

Ashlee has just come back and has told me it was quite wet some days and that the food is not good. She also said, forget about the distance - it's the ups and downs that really get you! Good job I've been doing the stepper at the gym but I'm wondering now if I should have done more lunges etc.

Oh yes, and I caught my little toe the other day and it's making my foot hurt. Can't find my arnica cream anywhere! Hope it heals quickly.

No comments: